Friday, January 20, 2012

Bolt is Jamaica's Sportsman of the Year 2011

Usain Bolt was declared Sportsman of the Year for 2011 and won three other awards at the RJR National Sportsman and Sportsman of the Year Award. This is Usain's third year copping the top award, having won in 2008 and 2009. Bolt edged out teammate, Yohan Blake who was runner up.

Bolt also took the first-time Sagicor Iconic award, given to an athlete who has impacted on Jamaican sports and is regarded to having achieved iconic reach and stature.

Outside of the false start in the Daegu World Championships, Bolt ended the 2011 season on top of the rankings for the 100 metres and was part of the record breaking 400 metres relay, for which he also received an award. The other trophy was for him being the Category winner for Track and Field.

Bolt is the defending Olympic Champion for the 100 and 200 metres and is set to open his season on Saturday, February 11 with a 400 metres in Kingston.

Announcements were recently made for his participation in Rome on May 31 and Oslo, June 7.

3 comments:

Irisiña said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Irisiña said...

Dear Ms Beckford,

My name is Iris González, and I'm a 22-year-old Spanish girl. As I am looking for some information, I would like to send you an email. Could you please give me your contact details?
It would be very kind of you.

Thank you in advance, and sorry if I had disturb you. Have a nice weekend!

God bless you, and best regards.

Iris González

Anonymous said...

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I get actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently fast.
ACDelco 15-10429 Water Outlet Assembly